Formal Application Process
An email will alert you that you can begin the formal application process. (Please check your bulk and spam email folder if you do not see it immediately.)
An application must be completed in full and must be electronically signed by the individual, all partners, or an officer of the corporation.
After your completed application has been received and reviewed, a site visit will be scheduled of the proposed location. The facility must have a certificate of occupancy from the local government regulating such structures. The location and facility will be evaluated by the Department for security requirements and confirm the facility set up is adequate for processing MVD transactions and to discuss any needed modifications.
Minimum Security Requirements
The following are MVD's minimum standards required for all ATP Providers:
- Secure storeroom
- Must be approved by ADOT/MVD
- Must be large enough to store a minimum of three years' worth of MVD data processing and inventory
- Does not contain windows
- Does not contain drop-down ceilings
- Must contain a safe approved by ADOT/MVD
- Motion detector/surveillance camera, including offsite monitoring retained a minimum of 30 days, with a reporting alarm system approved by ADOT MVD. (Motion detectors are required in each room or area)
Computer terminals dedicated for MVD processing are limited to authorized personnel.
The following items are needed in order to set up all New ATP Providers:
You will be required to select an Authorized Third Party Vendor from the Third Party Approved Vendor List who will assist you in completing the forms for the technical aspects of the office set up:
Please note the following:
- Standard application processing time is 10-15 business days
- All requests received are assigned an application number and are processed in the order they were received