An increasing number of people are turning to private companies for vehicle title and registrations and driver license services. Currently, there are more than 160 Authorized Third Party (ATP) Provider locations statewide. Millions of people already conduct business using existing MVD-operated field offices but many have only recently discovered the ATP Providers, which have been in existence since the mid-1990s.
For their services, Arizona law provides ATP Providers with a retention fee for most transactions. They are also permitted to assess a convenience fee in addition to the regular MVD fees.
If you are interested in becoming an ATP Provider, the following application steps must be taken:
- Become familiar with some basic operational requirements.
- Insurance Requirements
- Minimum Facility Requirements
- Preapproval of Surety Bond Minimum Requirements ($100,000)
- Submit a complete initial interest packet.
- Submit a formal application.
- Ensure the site selected meets minimum requirements and is fully operational.
- Complete all minimum training requirement for processors.