We are intent on processing your application for ADOT/CDLE in an expeditious and timely manner.
To begin the process of becoming an Authorized Tester, you will need the following documents:
- A completed Third Party Authorization Interest Form, 96-0151
- A business plan that includes these items:
- Business work experience
- Financial plan
- Marketing strategies
- Initial number of staff
- Delegation of tasks
- Strategic plan (goals and objectives)
- Location and hours of operation
- Statement if intending to be "open to the public" ("Open to the public" means any provider who offers CDL testing to the general public including the use of the testing area, vehicle or examiner, whether the premises are publicly or privately owned and whether or not a fee is charged for the examination or use of the premises. "Open to the Public" does not include governmental agencies that have an agreement, either formal or informal, with another governmental agency to administer the commercial driver license examination.)
After the CDLE Program Selection Panel reviews and approves the provider's business plan, the next step is the application process. Instructions follow.
An application must be completed in full and must be signed by the individual, all partners or an officer of the corporation.
An application will be returned for incompleteness, noncompliance of requirements or improper fees.
The following items are needed for the CDLE Third Party Authorization process:
The following are needed for each CDL Certified Examiner Application process:
A checklist for both the Third Party and Certified Examiner requirements are available for your convenience. Please mail the completed forms and additional requirements to this address:
ADOT/Motor Vehicle Division
CDL Examination Program
P.O. Box 2100, Mail Drop 545M
Phoenix, AZ 85001
For questions, please contact the CDLE Program by emailing CDLE2@azdot.gov or calling 602.712.4752.