Change Your Address or Name

Change Your Address or Name


Arizona law requires all driver license and identification card holders to report any change of address to MVD within 10 days. Change your address online at or contact us.


You will be asked to provide your name, date of birth and driver license or identification card number. Address changes are free. There is a $12 charge if you request a replacement driver license or ID card.

If your current address is not on file, you may not receive renewal notices or other correspondence concerning your driver license or vehicle records. You may be cited by law enforcement if you do not change your address within the 10 days.

When you change your address on our records, it will automatically change the address on your driver license record and on each vehicle record where you are designated to receive the registration.

Address Confidentiality Program Participants 

All transactions must be done in person. Transactions processed electronically or by phone will be rejected. 

Change Your Name

Arizona law requires all driver license and identification card holders to report a change of name to MVD within 10 days. 

MVD is required to verify your Social Security number before your record can be updated. Therefore, you must first contact the Social Security Administration online  or at 800.772.1213 (toll-free TTY number: 800.325.0778) for information on how to change your name on their records.

After you have changed your name with SSA, wait two days for their computer system to update, then visit any MVD or Authorized Third Party office to present identification in both your new and previous names. This identification must be an original (recorded) or certified copy of one of these documents:

  • Marriage license or domestic partnership certificate
  • Citizenship/naturalization document
  • Divorce decree
  • Adoption decree
  • A court order

Certified copies must be certified by the issuing agency.

If you want to order a replacement Social Security card visit the Social Security Administration website, replacement card request.