About the Project
The work will include upgrading the stormwater pump stations: replacing the existing pumps, gear drives, engines, and improving the electrical and control system. Upgrading and replacing the existing pump stations will allow the Deck Park Tunnel to continue operating efficiently, to remove water from the tunnel and the sub-grade roadway.
What to Expect
- For the safety of the public and staff, temporary closures of the dog park will be required during crane operations, approximately twice per month. Park users will be notified via signage at the dog park in advance. These dates will also be posted on the project web page and the city's website (www.phoenix.gov/parks/parks/dog-parks/hancedog.)
- Parking in the lot west of Third Avenue, by the dog park, will be reduced to provide a staging area.
- A section of the path that connects the east and west sides of the park, crossing under Third Avenue, will be closed. DETOUR: Park users will be able to take pathways north toward Culver Street to access the east/west sides of the park. (See diagram)
- There will be minor, temporary restrictions on Culver Street between Third and Fifth avenues when equipment is being transported to the site.
- Construction crews will work primarily between the hours of 6 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Phone: ADOT Project Information Line: 855.712.8530
- Email: Kimberly Larson at [email protected]
- Mail: ADOT Communications and Public Involvement, 1655 W. Jackson St., MD 126F, Phoenix, AZ 85007
Pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other nondiscrimination laws and authorities, ADOT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Persons that require a reasonable accommodation based on language or disability should contact Kimberly Larson at [email protected] or 855.712.8530. Requests should be made as early as possible to ensure the State has an opportunity to address the accommodation.
ADOT Tracs: H878301C