Emergency Preparedness Management
This team manages business processes before, during and after incidents; impacting our highways and facilities, and care of the public and ADOT employees during those incidents.
Team activities include coordination and participation in preparedness exercises for both internal and external entities, response and recovery coordination with counties and state agencies, and recovery of costs associated with infrastructure damaged caused by disasters.
The team also administers/supports the following programs:
- Strategic National Stockpile Program
- Incident Command System
- FHWA Emergency Relief Program
- National Incident Management System
- Continuity of Operations (COOP) and Continuity of Government (COG)
- Critical Infrastructure and Key Resource Protection
- Traffic Incident Management for Responders
- Threat and Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- Palo Verde Nuclear Generation Station response support
- AASHTO Special Committee on Transportation Safety and Emergency Management (SCOTSEM)