US 60 Norfork Road - SR 61
US 60 Norfork Road - SR 61
Project Cost: $2 million
The Arizona Department of Transportation initiated a roadway improvement project east of Show Low on the US 60 between County Road 3174 (milepost 352) and State Route 61, known locally as the “Y” (milepost 353). The project is currently underway and expected to be completed in late summer 2023.
The work will include, but is not limited to:
- Widen westbound US 60 and SR 61 from MP 352 to 353 to allow for the SR 61 merge lane realignment and extension.
- Widen US 60 to allow for a westbound left-turn lane at North Fork Road.
- Widen US 60 to allow for an eastbound turn lane at North Fork Road.
- Remove striping and restripe US 60 and SR 61 as needed.
- Remove existing signage and provide new signage as needed.
What to Expect During Construction
Drivers should plan for delays due to lane restrictions that will be in place while construction is underway. There will be temporary advanced warning signs one mile in each direction of the project limits on US 60 and SR 61 to inform drivers of the work zone. ADOT will post information about traffic restrictions and closures as it becomes available. To receive traffic alerts and other updates by email, please subscribe here.
You can also stay informed of real-time, project-related traffic restrictions by visiting az511.gov or call 511, except while driving.
Schedules are subject to change because of weather or other unforeseen factors. Remember to slow down and use caution around construction workers and equipment.
- Email: Subscribe to receive traffic alerts and project updates directly to your email.
- Phone: ADOT Project Information Line: 855.712.8530
- Teléfono: Línea de Información del Proyecto ADOT: 855.712.8530
- Online: Submit a question or comment through the ADOT website by visiting azdot.gov/Contact and then select “Projects” from the dropdown menu.
ADOT Project No. 60 GI 305 F0430 01C Federal Aid No. STP-060-E(222)T
US 60 east of Show Low narrowed to one lane only near the SR 61 split beginning July 11
Drivers should expect delays
The Arizona Department of Transportation advises drivers to plan for the following travel restriction east of Show Low near the US 60/SR 61 split (known locally as the “Y”) from July 11, through spring 2023.
- US 60 will be reduced to one lane only of alternating east- and westbound travel between County Road 3174 and the US 60/SR 61 split (mileposts 352 - 353) from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays through Fridays.The SR 61 merge ramp will be closed intermittently. Drivers will use the intersection of SR 61 and US 60 in lieu of the merge ramp.
- Flaggers will direct traffic through the work zone.
- The speed limit will be reduced in the work zone.
The mile-long project includes the widening of westbound US 60 and SR 61 from MP 352 to 353 to allow for the SR 61 merge lane realignment and extension. In addition, crews will widen US 60 to allow for westbound and eastbound turn lanes at North Fork Road.
For more information, visit /projects/northeast-district-projects/us-60-north-fork-sr-61