Drivers should expect delays and allow extra travel time
The Arizona Department of Transportation advises drivers to plan for alternating lane restrictions on Interstate 8 in Aztec beginning Wednesday, Aug. 23.
The following restrictions will occur on weekdays from 4:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. beginning Wednesday, Aug. 23, and ending Tuesday, Oct. 31:
- I-8 between mileposts 71 and 82 will be reduced to one lane in both directions.
- A 16-foot vehicle width restriction will be in place.
- The speed limit will be reduced to 45 mph on weekdays during construction hours. Outside of construction hours the speed limit will be 65 mph.
- The restrictions will be in 5-mile increments or shorter.
- Flaggers will direct motorists through the work zone while work is performed on Aztec and Spot roads only.
- Note: Restrictions will be lifted on Labor Day and Columbus Day.
Contractors are scheduled to mill and pave the road.
Drivers should plan for delays, obey posted speed limits and traffic control devices and use caution around construction personnel.