Plan for daily lane restrictions on I-8 near Gila Bend beginning Sept. 5 Drivers should expect delays and allow extra travel time
Drivers should expect delays and allow extra travel time
The Arizona Department of Transportation advises drivers to plan ahead for lane restrictions along Interstate 8 near Gila Bend beginning Tuesday, Sept. 5.
The following lane restrictions will occur 24 hours a day, 7 days a week beginning Tuesday, Sept. 5 and ending Thursday, Oct. 5:
- East and west-bound I-8 will be reduced to one lane at the Freeman Road overpass (Exit 140).
- A 14-foot vehicle width restriction will be in place.
- The speed limit will be reduced to 65 mph.
The following lane restrictions will occur from 5:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.:
- Westbound I-8 will be reduced to one lane between milepost 135 and 142 Thursday, Sept. 7.
- Eastbound I-8 will be reduced to one lane between milepost 135 and 142 Friday, Sept. 8.
Contractors are scheduled to install a barrier wall and survey operations.
Drivers should plan for delays, obey posted speed limits and traffic control devices and use caution around construction personnel.