Drivers should expect delays and allow extra travel time
The Arizona Department of Transportation advises drivers to plan ahead for alternating lane restrictions along State Route 85 south of Gila Bend beginning Monday, Feb. 5, for pavement repairs.
The following lane restrictions will occur weekdays from 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. starting Monday, Feb. 5, and ending Friday, May 24:
- SR 85 will be reduced to one lane between milepost 0 and 16. Note: Only one direction will be impacted at time.
- Motorists should anticipate a 2-mile lane restriction while crews progress through the work zone.
- A 12-foot vehicle width restriction will be in place.
- The speed limit will be reduced to 25 mph.
- Flaggers and a pilot car will direct motorists through the work zone.
- Note: Restrictions will be lifted on Presidents’ Day
Drivers should plan for delays, obey posted speed limits and traffic control devices and use caution around construction and law enforcement personnel.