- Project Initiation Sample Letter Rev. 5/21
- Project Initiation Form Rev. 12/23
- ADOT Functional Classification Map
- Project Location Map, showing beginning and ending termini - both maps are required
- A legible copy of the local MPO/COG TIP page, with the project highlighted and all phases of the project shown in a programmed year
- Supporting Documentation
The type of supporting documentation will depend on the type of project and available documentation.
Supporting documentation can include: A copy of the approved COG/MPO funding application or workbook, ADOT Sub-program eligibility letter and application (CMAQ, HSIP, etc.), Project Assessment (PA), Design Concept Report (DCR), or any other supporting documentation that gives details about the project.
ADOT LPA Section also has additional resources available that can be used as supporting documentation and to help with projecting schedules and estimated costs, including:
- Sample Scoping Document (.doc) Rev. 2/6/18
- Project Scoping Document Guidelinesh3 (.pdf)
- ADOT Cost Estimate Tool (.xls) Rev. 4/10/19
- Historical Bid Unit Prices E2C2 (apps.azdot.gov)
ADOT Project Codes
|Project Development Administration (PDA) and/or design costs if the ADOT On-Call is not used. Certification Acceptance (CA) agencies will always use 01D.
|For Design if the ADOT On-Call is used. This code is for ADOT, Local Public Agency and CA projects. A CA agency would use this code if they are funding design without federal aid and using local dollars or regional funds from Maricopa Association of Governments (MAG) or Pima Association of Governments (PAG). This code will not be used if the design cost is over the On-Call limit of $750,000.
|Right of Way (ROW)
|Procurement of Materials
|Scoping code used by ADOT Multimodal Planning Division for pre-scoping activities such as the Design Concept Report, a project assessment or study.
FHWA Project Codes
Please submit all Project Initiation requests to the ADOT LPA Section through the email address [email protected].