Aircraft Registration Changes Are Coming
Attention Aircraft Owners:
As a result of legislation approved this year, there will be changes to the aircraft registration system in the coming months.
Effective before the 2023 registration cycle:
- Balloon owners will no longer be required to pay registration fees.
- Decals will no longer be required on aircraft.
- A change in the assessment formula may result in registration credits for some aircraft to be applied to the 2023 registration cycle.
Effective during the 2023 registration cycle:
- There will be upgrades to the AZ MVD Now portal to include aircraft and make it easier to manage aircraft licensing for both aircraft owners and the State of Arizona.
- Staggered registration: Instead of all registrations due in February, deadlines will be spread throughout the year. Details are to be determined.
- Note: Owners of two or more aircraft can establish a fleet and pay all their registrations at the same time.
What you can do to prepare for these changes:
- If you haven’t already done so, activate your AZ MVD Now account. Visit azmvdnow.gov to get started. “https://azmvdnow.gov/”
We will be updating you as things change.